August 30, 2005


Beach huts, Southwold, August 28 2005
[FZ20: 1/400, f4, ISO 80] Posted by Picasa

I don't like this shot particularly - it doesn't do anything for me but it's sadly one of the better ones from a disappointing day's shooting. I like coastal themes, but I ended up in Southwold at completely the wrong time of day for the shots I was after. I'm beginning to find that I'm a lot more comfortable working on abstract detail rather than opening the field of view right up and still creating a strong image - something for me to work on! I had read up, planned routes and was really looking forward to photographing the Notting Hill Carnival at the weekend but I wasn't able to go in the end, which was a real disappointment. I was hoping to be able to add some strong imagery to my portfolio (which feels light on subject matter right now) and post several examples here. I'm now on the look out for another cultural event that I can try to capture.

No comments: