November 30, 2005

Chopsticks
Another shot from the make-shift studio (lol - I'll have to post a shot of this "studio" one day :) This one was experimenting with light and depth of field in the camera's macro mode. I took several shots moving one of the fixed spotlights into different positions around the scene. I like the way this one disappears into darkness. The shadows in the foreground are a bit undesirable. Maybe I should have cropped them out...thought it better to have the whole chopstick in view.

I know I said I was only going to post older images for the next week or so before changing things around, but I was having fun with this last night :)


Location: Home, November 29 2005
Camera: Panasonic FZ20, Manfrotto 190 tripod
Metering: Matrix
Exposure Mode: Shutter Priority, -1/3 EV (auto-bracketed)
Sensitivity: ISO 80
Shutter Speed: 1/320th
Aperture: f2.8
Focal Length: 9mm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a real weakness for macros of common everyday item (not that chopsticks are everyday for me)... so I really like this shot a lot.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather see it with a bit of fried rice in the picture too.