October 30, 2005

Autumn waterfall
I'm an early riser, often getting up before the sun, but I've seldom gone out with my camera to make use of the sweet light of dawn. I planned to do just that this morning but I ended up staying up way too late on the computer. I missed dawn by about 30 mins but the light was good so I made the most of my time out.

This autumnal leaf trapped under a small waterfall was taken handheld with a 1/3sec exposure. I crouched down, remaining as still as possible and held my breath whilst I squeezed the shutter release. Although image stablisation was on, the sense of movement I wanted to capture in the image disguises the movement it couldn't correct for. I wasn't sure it would come out at all, but I was quite pleased with the end result.


Cassiobury Park, Hertfordshire. October 30, 2005
Panasonic FZ20, ISO 100, spot metered
1/3rd @ f8, 70mm, handheld

No comments: